Saturday 5 January 2013

Belated Christmas & Happy New Year!

No I haven't fallen asleep and missed Christmas but I wanted to share my 2012 Christmas Card design and I couldn't show it before Christmas or I'd have ruined the surprise for all my expectant recipients. 

Each year my friends tell me they they don't think my next year's card can top the last which is great because it gives me the challenge of coming up with something even better! 2012's card was 100% handmade by me and I have to say I was rather proud of it... 




It involved a stamp of a loving gingerbread man I designed myself and had made at The English Stamp Co. I stamped him on to A7 recycled cotton rag using Dew Drop Pearlescent Rust pigment ink to give him a bit of sparkle. Inside I folded a piece of brown kraft paper and printed one side with my Christmas message and the other with the all important 'How to Make a Gingerbread Man' recipe. I attached this as an insert with some luxury red & white bakers twine and voila! 

The card was greatly received and one friend even gave me a tin of gingerbread biscuits she'd baked from the recipe in my card... so lovely and very yummy! So friends, did I top last years card?....ideas for next year on a postcard please!

Hope you all had a fun filled Christmas my dear readers and I wish you all a very happy new year and best wishes for 2013. I've been a little under the weather for the last week or so but once I am back on my feet and raring to go, I have some lovely things to share with you. Back soon.......xxx

14 comments:

  1. Wow that is a fabulous Christmas card! The gingerbread an is so cute, and I love that you included a recipe! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that little gingerbread man, great idea to include a recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex, last minute idea which seemed to go down a storm. Originally I had just done the stamped cards and left it at that.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful cards. It's always that much more special when it is home made. Love the idea of the recipe card too. hope to see you on Saturday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, looking forward to it. Hope we get a better turn out this time! :-)

      Delete
  4. Hi Anna, this post couldn't have come at a more opportune time. I have been looking for a place that makes stamps for a few weeks now I can go to The English Stamp Company! The universe works in mysterious ways. Thank You. The gingerbread man is so cute also. I understand why your friends would treasure your cards, they look amazing. Happy New Year. x Doris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could be of help. This was the first time I'd used them but I will definitely be using them again.
      They do some great ready made ones as well.

      Delete
  5. gosh, such a clever & awesome idea! i love how it can double as a card + gift. *mightstealthisidea* :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really was a fabulous card and by far the best we got this year! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Anna! They are just delightful and so thoughtful! your friends are very lucky! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely Anna! Also great new blog header-love it! Happy New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You are so creative! i love getting cards that required some effort by the sender. This is so personal and fun, and useful!

    Now I am looking forward to what 2013's card will look like :)

    ReplyDelete

Well if you are here then you must have read my post, so a big THANK YOU for visiting and for taking the time to comment. Your words bring a little bit of sunshine to my day (if they are nice) and I look forward to reading them. Thanks for supporting me. Anna :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...