Friday 1 June 2012

British Love: Jubilee Weekend

The weekend we have all be waiting for is nearly here, whether it be because we are truly British and can't wait to celebrate the Queen's 60th Birthday or we are just looking forward to a 4 day weekend of parties and good cheer. I have to admit, I am proud of being British and my excitement is a bit of both (and the fact I get to eat cream tea without feeling guilty! Scones, Jam and clotted cream, mmmmm......). This tea towel by Victoria Eggs pretty much sums the weekend up for me (I'm not really obsessed with food, honestly!)

We are actually escaping the crowds this weekend and joining some friends on a campsite in the beautiful Cotswolds (you can't get more British than that!). It will be my first ever camping trip so it will be interesting to see how I get on without my home comforts. Fingers crossed that English weather puts it's sun hat on or I might be needing these wellies  Here are a few other items I would like to be taking with me.

Wishing you all a very happy and fun filled Jubilee weekend x
1. Tea Party Tea Towel by Victoria Eggs
2. Harvey Nichols Jubilee Lunch Box (image from CR)
3. Mulberry Union Jack Bayswater Bag
4. Cadbury's Limited Edition Dairy Milk
5. Hunter 'Original Brit' Wellies





12 comments:

  1. Oh, Anna, your fourth image brought back such fond memories of studying art history abroad in London, and how I was amazed that cadbury was sold chilled in the tube!
    So nice to meet you through BYW 2.0!
    All the best,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, thanks so much Mary! Glad you liked it. You can't beat Cadbury's Dairy Milk. Hope you are enjoying BYW 2.0.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you didn't get too wet on your camping trip! We got completely washed out at the Thames flotilla yesterday, but I still had a brilliant time! Surviving the rain in a hardy, stiff-upper-lip English way made me feel even more proud to be British!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anna,
    I think you were wise leaving London for the party elsewhere. We could hardly see anything from Waterloo bridge. Still I guess the kids enjoyed the experience. Best wishes,

    Geraldine (BYW 2.0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are managing to stay dry and the weather hasn't put you off camping for life! We stayed and partied at a friend's and it was so wet we ended up sleeping in the house instead of putting the tents up! Still, the kids all had a great time sleeping on one huge sofa-cushion bed on the living room floor and a great weekend was had by all.
    Nice to meet you via byw2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just wanted to say hello after checking out your blog from BYW - LOVE your layout, its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just popping by from BYW. Your blog is gorgeous. Love the Jubilee inspiration & those wellies. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all your lovely comments. My camping trip had to be abandoned unfortunately so I watched the whole Jubilee from the comfort of my warm sofa! :-)

    How much fun is BYW?! Great to meet you all x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anna, what a great domain you are having! Very authentic. Love your content, will come back:-)
    Have a great BYW time!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anna, love the bag and who can resist Cadbury chocolate of any kind? Cute post on the Jubilee.

    Stopping by from BYW2 to visit and look around. I'll see you in class,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVED the celebrations and how the country got behind them. I'm still not bored of it and could look at people's British Love declarations' for longer!!

    Welcome to the London Bloggers Group and see you in class:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love me a little bit of British!! great group of items! saying 'Hi' from BYW2

    ReplyDelete

Well if you are here then you must have read my post, so a big THANK YOU for visiting and for taking the time to comment. Your words bring a little bit of sunshine to my day (if they are nice) and I look forward to reading them. Thanks for supporting me. Anna :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...