Friday 9 March 2012

Typography Love: Kate Forrester Hand Drawn Lettering

Oh blog, I am a terrible friend, I have totally neglected you lately. I've barely had time to read other people's blogs, nevermind post on my own! There are so many things I am missing out on, I need to get back on the inspiration wagon and fast. 

March is here already, can't believe how fast this year is going. Anyway, I have found the perfect subject to get back in to the swing of things and to welcome the spring. As you probably know, I am a little obsessed with calligraphy and hand lettering so I have a few posts lined up which are going to be about just that! First I am starting with hand drawn typographer and illustrator Kate Forrester.  


I have come across Kate's work many times in the past, as many of you will have done as well. Her clients include Marks and Spencers, Tiffany, John Lewis and Penguin Books to name a few,  however, it was only recently that I discovered the designer behind it. I gained a new follower on Twitter this week, the creative lifestyle blog Jackie Magpie of which Kate is the founding member (there are some other very talented ladies on here as well). I was immediately drawn (excuse the pun) by the gorgeous hand drawn logo and went straight over to have a look at the blog, which I have to say is great and now added to my top 10 daily reads! It was here I was introduced to Kate and ventured across to her beautiful portfolio of work. Her designs are so intricate and detailed. Just the kind of pretty feminine design I love.

I am even more determined than ever to add that calligraphy course to my to-do list. You are one talented lady Kate and I'm so glad Jackie Magpie started following me!







These are just a few of my favourites pieces of her work but you can see much more on her website here. You can also follow her blog here.


All images are borrowed from Kate's website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well if you are here then you must have read my post, so a big THANK YOU for visiting and for taking the time to comment. Your words bring a little bit of sunshine to my day (if they are nice) and I look forward to reading them. Thanks for supporting me. Anna :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...